'Quantum'

Kulvinder Kaur Dhew. 'Phosphorus Interior. Acrylic on canvas. 30x40ins

Kulvinder Kaur Dhew.'Tectonic'. Acrylic on canvas. 40x40ins

With reference to my painting practice I have always been fascinated by the notion of editing or curating my actions in a focused manner.  I try to contain every thing that is meaningful in the moment.  It is a challenge that I find appealing.  However ironic, the mannered anarchic splash of paint feels authentic in its materiality coupled with the process-bound stencil, or the slow steady manipulation of paint on canvas as geometry.

Various notions of the ‘sublime’ and ‘transience’ underpin the aesthetics of what I paint.  As a conceptual material, paint has immense history embedded within it. I have a desire to explain visually those notions as vignettes into the window of my imagination, it represents time and place and the way the paintings were made.

The resultant work serves as documentation, a lens of politics, history and culture.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...